The Melnick-Needles Syndrome Support Group was set up in June 1994 with the sole aim of helping families with children affected by this very rare syndrome.There are only a few children with the condition in the UK and the group aims to be in touch with them and as many affected persons abroad as possible.
The principal aims of the group are
- give help and moral support to existing families and those newly diagnosed
- raise awareness among skin treatment professionals.
- keep up to date information on the condition.
- re-establish contact with diagnosed families with whom contact has been lost.
- share with affected families the experiences of other affected families.
- advise families of possible corrective surgery and other treatments.